Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just one of "those" days

I'm convinced there is nothing better in the world to cure the mid week blues like a well made drink and some great music.


Old Fashioned:


Recipe:
1 sugar cube
2 dashes angostura bitters ( I also add in about 1 dash Reagan's orange bitters)
a very short splash of water
Sazerac rye (or any good quality bourbon, brandy or gin)
slice of orange to garnish

Place the lump of sugar in an old fashioned glass, then saturate with the bitters and water. Crush the sugar, bitters and water together using the back of a spoon, muddler, etc. Add a glass (about 3 oz.) rye and finally the ice. Garnish with an orange slice. Many recipes will call for muddling the orange in with sugar and bitters, and personally I'm not a fan, I don't like the texture the pulp adds to the drink.


As for the music, I can always look to my favorites to make me feel a little better.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment